top of page
RISE 2022 Participatory Painting!!
RISE youth, facilitators, leaders, and staff, are invited to VOICE stories they care about through this massive painting during this gathering at ArtSplash Cafe.
The first step is to build a CONCEPT and discover what the overall image of this painting could look like.
Inside this overall image, you will find your spot to share the story you consider important to tell to the world.
Where & When
Of course this is OPTIONAL! You can fill this up with pastels, pencils, or fill it up digitally.
Please drop these sheets off at Splash Cafe, or, drop off in this FOLDER.
Useful tips PAINTING and reminders:
- It doesn't have to look perfect! The story is what matters
- Metaphors are powerful.
- The bigger, the easier to paint
- For large drawings, you can use the projector instead and transfer your small drawing this way!
- Follow your impulse! The first idea, is a great idea
- If you get stuck, go to the next... You can always go back later
- Go as far as you want... this is collaborative, so someone else can pick up what you left half way done
- Think outside of the box
- If you can't draw it exactly what you want, simplify it, crop it, or write about it
- If you are searching for references online, add 'outline' or 'drawing' to the word of the image you are searching. For excample, ''hand outline' instead of 'hand.'
- Without failure there is no innovation. Take risks!
bottom of page